Today is the official last day of the Thanksgiving Appreciation postravaganza.
I have several things to post about.
1. Kudos to lecoupdefoudre for ushering in the Christmas season. I must admit that I was singing carols at the top of my lungs along with the seasonal music channel this morning. No regrets.
2. At some point in the holiday season, we must make this. Or this. Or this. Or this. Or this. (it’s a mini chocolate cake that you make in a coffee mug in the microwave in three minutes! How awesome is that?) Or really any recipe from the blog How Sweet It Is, which all look absolutely amazing. It’s my new favorite food blog–and that’s saying a LOT. The competition is fierce.
3. Please, someone, buy me this for Christmas. I’m begging you! But really any scrumptious cookbook will do🙂 I’ve recently heard the cookbooks containing close-ups of chewy chocolatey crispy goodness referred to as “food porn”. And that’s such a totally appropriate name. And that said, I believe I am addicted to food porn. What does that say about me? I really don’t want to think about it, actually.
4. Muffins: we had these great cranberry spice muffins this morning that I hope to post about sometime in the next week, given I find time in my soon-again hectic schedule (*sigh*). Just a little teaser coming your way!
5. If anyone has any recipe that they want to make sure gets made at some point in the holiday season, please post a link or something in the comments. Thanks! Nothing would make me happier than spending my holiday break baking up a frenzy while watching Titanic, or Lord of the Rings, or both. Or both at once! Hmmm…now there’s an idea….
Well, it’s been grand, appreciating Thanksgiving with you all. See you sometime next week!